"All athletes are disciplined in their training." 1 Corinthians 9:25a (NLT)
As I stated in my first post, one of my blogging goals is to hold myself accountable to keep up with my workouts. I plan to do so through weekly progress reports regarding my training sessions from the previous week. These reports will go live each Sunday evening at 9:25 pm.
My current "normal" training schedule is as follows:
- Monday - Short run
- Tuesday - Swim
- Wednesday - Brick (short bike + brief run)
- Thursday - Swim
- Friday - Long run
- Saturday - Long bike
- Sunday - Swim
This week, I had to switch up the long bike and long run because my wife and I took a kid-free weekend getaway to Myrtle Beach. Highlights of the weekend included relaxing by the hotel pool, going to Medieval Times, riding the new SkyWheel (pictured at right), and seeing part of a TobyMac concert from the boardwalk. What a treat to see him perform the old-school DC Talk classic "Jesus Freak!"
Getting to the point of this entry, this week was the first week of my "peak" training phase for the upcoming Washington DC Triathlon, which is only 28 days away! Here is a report of my workouts:
|5K on the beach|
- Monday - Ran 4.0 miles on the treadmill in 40:00.
- Tuesday - Swam 2000 yards (1.14 miles) in the pool in ~45:00.
- Wednesday - Biked 17.2 miles on the spin bike in 1:00:00 and ran 1.6 miles on the treadmill in 15:00.
- Thursday - Rest day (skipped swimming due to sore shoulders).
- Friday - Biked 27.8 miles on the spin bike in 1:41:00.
- Saturday - Ran a 5K race (3.1 miles) on the beach in 30:06 (this took the place of my long run).
- Sunday - Swam 1750 yards (0.99 miles) in the pool in 37:03.
Totals: Swam 3750 yards (2.13 miles), biked 45.0 miles, and ran 7.1 miles.
UPDATE: It seems I did not initially include my brick run in my run total for the week. I actually ran 8.7 miles.