"All athletes are disciplined in their training." 1 Corinthians 9:25a (NLT)
I don't have a whole lot to say this week. I'm just counting down the days until next Sunday's Washington DC Triathlon! I started tapering this week in final preparation for the race. I skipped my short run to rehabilitate my broken toe, but I was able to do my long run in decent time taking into account my injury and the heat (it was 93°F at the time). I also got in an extra swim yesterday, when I confirmed that I am, in fact, capable of swimming a continuous mile without a wetsuit. That's great news because the Potomac River is practically boiling and has been setting record highs this week, meaning wetsuits will likely not be allowed during the race.
- Monday - Rest day (skipped running).
- Tuesday - Swam 1250 yards (0.71 miles) in the pool in 30:31.
- Wednesday - Biked 13.3 miles on the spin bike in 45:00.
- Thursday - Swam 1250 yards (0.71 miles) in the pool in 31:58 and ran 1.0 miles on the treadmill in 9:00.
- Friday - Ran 4.6 miles outside in 49:34.
- Saturday - Swam 1600 meters (1.0 miles) in the lake in 45:38.
- Sunday - Biked 15.0 miles outside in ~51:00.
(NOTE: The mid-week entry this week will be posted on Friday, and next week's weekly report will also be posted one day later than usual since I will be traveling home from DC on Sunday.)