"All athletes are disciplined in their training." 1 Corinthians 9:25a (NLT)
Though my distance totals were fairly low, this was the most consistent week of training I've had in a while. I only skipped one planned workout, but I made it up the following day, so I guess you could say I didn't miss any workouts. Having races on the calendar really makes a difference in my motivation level.
The outdoor temperature reverted to the January mean this week, so all of my workouts were inside. That's OK, though, because working out on indoor cardio equipment--which has book platforms on the displays--gave me additional opportunities to engage in my other addiction: reading on my Kindle. I love that thing!
- Monday - Rest day (postponed running to Tuesday).
- Tuesday - Swam 700 yards (0.4 miles) in the pool in ~17:00 and ran 2.0 miles on the treadmill in 22:00.
- Wednesday - Biked 7.5 miles on the exercise bike in 30:00.
- Thursday - Rest day.
- Friday - Ran 2.0 miles on the treadmill in 21:00.
- Saturday - Biked 11.5 miles on the exercise bike in 45:00.
- Sunday - Rest day.