"All athletes are disciplined in their training." 1 Corinthians 9:25a (NLT)
I was not disciplined in my training this week, and I blame Tom Clancy! I started reading Without Remorse--the first novel (in plot chronological order) of the Jack Ryan series--last weekend and spent every spare minute reading it until I finished. One reviewer on Amazon.com wrote: "You simply cannot put this one down for something as trivial as sleeping or eating." I might add working out to that list of "trivial" things!
I was only able to squeeze in two workouts this week around my sleeping, eating, working, parenting, and reading about the exploits of John Kelly, and both workouts were brief "bricks," i.e. two-sport workouts (usually consisting of biking followed by running in the triathlon training context). In hopes of doing better this week, I have not yet started another thriller novel. (In case anyone is wondering, John Grisham's The Runaway Jury is next on my list!)
- Monday - Rest day (skipped running).
- Tuesday - Rest day (skipped swimming).
- Wednesday - Rest day (skipped spin class).
- Thursday - Biked 7.5 miles on the exercise bike in 29:00 and ran 1.5 miles in 16:00.
- Friday - Rest day (skipped running).
- Saturday - Biked 8.0 miles on the exercise bike in 30:00 and ran 1.0 miles in 10:00.
- Sunday - Rest day.