"All athletes are disciplined in their training." 1 Corinthians 9:25a (NLT)
I jumped back into training with a bang last Sunday via a 17.1-mile bike ride. That may not have been the best idea coming off three months of inactivity, as I was saddle sore for the next several days. I had plenty of time to recover, though, because my work schedule interfered with training Tuesday through Friday.
In other news, the weather has been absolutely fabulous here in South Carolina, which allowed me to do all of my workouts (other than swimming) outside. With the exception of two days, the high temperatures were in the 60s and 70s all week. I love the south!
- Sunday - Biked 17.1 miles outside in 1:05:24.
- Monday - Ran 1.9 miles outside in 20:44.
- Tuesday - Rest day (skipped swimming).
- Wednesday - Rest day (skipped spin class).
- Thursday - Rest day.
- Friday - Rest day (postponed running to Saturday).
- Saturday - Ran 3.5 miles outside in 37:37 and swam 875 yards (0.5 miles) in the pool in ~21:00.
- Sunday - Biked 8.5 miles outside in 33:04.