"All athletes are disciplined in their training." 1 Corinthians 9:25a (NLT)
I have no excuses to offer today because I don't need any. I was able to work five workouts into this week's busy schedule. Hopefully, I am getting back into the habit of training and will be able to sustain a five (or six) workout per week pace throughout the upcoming season.
For one of this week's runs, I wore my new Vibram FiveFingers KSOs. I love these things! I would never have imagined that running in such minimalist shoes would be so comfortable, but it is. Because I feel almost barefoot when I wear them, it makes me run lighter and (I think) swifter. Note the difference in pace between my two running workouts below (I wore my Mizuno Wave Creations for the treadmill run). I just need to figure out a way to transition into them quickly during a race. Any suggestions?
- Monday - 2.7-mile treadmill run in 30:00.
- Tuesday - Rest day (skipped swimming).
- Wednesday - 7.5-mile indoor bike in 30:00 and 1.0-mile run in 10:00.
- Thursday - Rest day.
- Friday - 2.3-mile outdoor run in ~23:00.
- Saturday - 15.6-mile indoor bike in 60:00.
- Sunday - 875-yard (0.5-mile) swim in 18:20.