"All athletes are disciplined in their training." 1 Corinthians 9:25a (NLT)
This week, I kicked off my 12-week training regimen for the ESi Ironman 70.3 Augusta. I took it pretty easy since I hadn't worked out much recently and didn't want to injure myself. My "long bike" on Sunday was the highlight of the week because my wife--the soon-to-be Triathlete Mom--accompanied me. It was her first true road ride, and she did a great job in light of that fact and the fact she was riding a heavy hybrid bike. I can't wait to race together with her on July 28 in the Tom Hoskins Memorial Triathlon!
- Monday - 4.3-mile outdoor run in 45:12.
- Tuesday - Rest day (skipped swimming due to power outage).
- Wednesday - 11.5-mile indoor bike in 45:00.
- Thursday - 7.7-mile indoor bike in 30:00 and 0.5-mile treadmill run in 5:00.
- Friday - Rest day (skipped running).
- Saturday - 700-yard (0.4-mile) swim in 14:00.
- Sunday - 12.5-mile outdoor bike in ~1:02:00.